WE’RE AN OPEN BOOK.
Below are some commonly asked questions. If you have further questions, please feel free to connect with us.
Traffic, safety and basic flat signage
When it comes to our traffic, safety and rentals (TSR) division there is no minimum order. Our TSR division specializes in traffic and safety signs, including a large inventory of commonly ordered signs which are ready-to-ship. We carry an inventory of pre-determined sizes for easy customization and fast shipping.
Architectural signage and wayfinding projects
When it comes to architectural signage and wayfinding, we’re best positioned to take on larger and more complex projects where the order values range from $10k to $1m+. Our team specializes in:
- Multi-location brand rollouts (rebrands).
- Complex interior and/or exterior signage programs including design, engineering, fabrication and project management.
- Pylon signs, monuments, art installations, structural signage.
- Digital displays and electronic message board installations.
- Difficult to access locations such as high-rises or remote areas.
- Retail spaces with custom millwork, placemaking, EGD/XGD.
- Shopping centres, office towers, apartment/condo buildings.
- Land developments, custom address signs, entrance features.
Being that our facility is built for scale, we typically do not take on smaller one-off projects. However, we do offer our existing clients replacements and single custom signs where Hi Signs has built the original signage program for the client. IE. If you need additional signs to add or replace in your existing sign system, we’re happy to help.
Providing your own design files can help speed up the process, and we have some tips to ensure all of our formatting is harmonious.
Please ensure company logos, shapes or fonts are submit in a vector format. Raster artwork is typically not scalable for printing and fabrication.
We accept the following vector file types: ai, eps, svg, and pdf.
If submitting a file that includes raster images, please be sure to save in a high-resolution format (300dpi is best, using CMYK colour profiles):
Raster file types include jpg, tiff, or png.
- flatten all effects (drop shadows / gradients) to ensure nothing gets distorted in the transfer or scaling sizes.
- convert fonts to outlines / curves.
- specify Pantone colour values so that we’re able to match the colour as closely as possible.
*Please note that as every effort is made to match Pantone values, due to the type of printing process and various materials & finishes, minor variances may occur.
If your file is under 10MB, you should be able to submit to your files via e-mail. Anything larger in size can be sent via file transfer sites such as Dropbox or Wetransfer.
If these options don’t work for you feel free to contact us to learn more about our Google Drive option.
Whether our design team is creating artwork, or if your artwork has been supplied, we always provide design layouts with sizes, materials & colours to ensure everything is accurate prior to proceeding.
We ask that the proofs be reviewed carefully to ensure accuracy. Our production process cannot be scheduled until we’ve received final approval to proceed. Please be aware that once your artwork is approved, any error due to incorrect spelling, sizes or colours is the responsibility of the client.
** All fabrication is performed from our primary manufacturing facility in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Service areas depend on the types of products we’re providing:
- Traffic & safety signs – Can be shipped anywhere in Canada.
- Posts, hardware, brackets – Can be shipped anywhere in Canada.
- Traffic control rental equipment – Can be delivered to BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba via recommended third party logistics.
- Flat packed signs, custom – Can be crated and shipped anywhere in Canada/USA.
- Large structure fabrication – Our primary service area is Alberta, however, we often work in BC and Saskatchewan, depending on the scope of work.
- Wayfinding projects – Our team will take on projects anywhere in Western Canada and Northwestern United States.
With that said: If you like our work, and you enjoy working with our team, we’d love to discuss your project needs anywhere in Canada/USA.
Methods of Payment that we accept:
We offer a Credit Application account, terms of credit are available for a Net 30 days after date of invoice.