Hi Signs is a Canadian architectural signage and wayfinding fabricator, dedicated to creating functional and aesthetically pleasing solutions for our clients. With 50 years of experience in the industry, our team of designers and project managers have a thorough understanding of how to effectively guide people through complex environments.
Our Mission: To understand our clients’ complex needs then design, create and manage simple solutions.
Our Vision: Reshaping how we navigate our built environment.
Our Core Values: Competency, Passion, Urgency, Progressive, Happiness
As a production manager, you’ll oversee the warehouse and production process, coordinating all production activities and operations. You’ll make sure goods and services are produced safely, cost-effectively and on time and that they meet the required quality standards.
- Plan and draw up a production schedule
- Decide on and order the resources that are required and ensure stock levels remain adequate
- Select equipment and take responsibility for its maintenance
- Set the quality standards
- Ensure that the production will be cost effective by estimating costs and negotiating and agreeing budgets with both clients and managers
- Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed
- Monitor productivity rates and product standards and implement quality control programmes
- Organize the repair of any damaged equipment
- Liaise with different departments, teams and companies, e.g. suppliers, managers, clients
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed at all times
- Ensure customer orders are completed on time and to budget and that quality standards and targets are met
- Work with managers to implement the company’s policies and goals
- Collate and analyze data, putting together production reports for both factory managers and customers
- Supervise and motivate a team of workers
- Review worker performance and identify training needs.
- 5+ years in production management
- College diploma or University degree in a related discipline;
- Knowledge of quality assurance and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s);
- Industry related work experience, especially in production, procurement and logistics would be considered an asset;
- Strong interpersonal, communication, leadership skills and the ability to work in a team environment;
- Lean manufacturing/5S training an asset
- Experience in the sign industry an asset
- Knowledge of equipment, facilities, standards, techniques, policies, and processes.